Nursing Home Negligence Lawyers with Offices in Cook, Lake & McHenry Counties
Do You Need A Nursing Home Negligence Lawyer
Senior citizens are easy targets to be victimized and abused, our nursing home negligence lawyers will get them the compensation they deserve. They are not very strong, may have some deterioration in thinking, and because they are reliant on other people they are often afraid to report it for fear of retaliation.
Sadly, elder abuse has been steadily increasing over the years, and currently, 1 in 14 vulnerable adults are physically, emotional,ly or sexually abused, financially exploited, neglected, and even abandoned. However, elder abuse is often hidden because surveillance is greatly limited. It is estimated that as much as 84% of nursing home abuse is not reported.
While one sign does not necessarily indicate abuse, some tell-tale signs that there could be a problem are:
Withdrawal from normal activities, a sudden change in alertness, and unusual depression may be indicators of emotional abuse.
- Bedsores, unattended medical needs, poor hygiene, and unusual weight loss are indicators of possible neglect.
- Bruises, pressure marks, broken bones, abrasions, and burns may be an indication of physical abuse, neglect, or mistreatment. Bruises around the breasts or genital area can occur from sexual abuse.
- Sudden changes in financial situations may be the result of exploitation.
- Belittling, intimidation, threats, and other uses of power and control are some of the more subtle forms of abuse that takes place in some nursing homes or rehabilitation centers.
Since the suffering is often in silence, it is important to be alert to any and all of the above indicators. If you notice changes in personality or behavior, you should start to question what is going on.
If your loved one has suffered neglect, abuse, or mistreatment in some fashion call Bob at Robert Edens Law Office for a free, honest, no-obligation, consultation.
More Nursing Home Information
Nursing Home and Elder Abuse Questions
- What should I do if I suspect nursing home abuse?
- How can I prove nursing home neglect or abuse?
- What qualifies as negligence in a nursing home setting?
- What rights do nursing home residents have?
- What damages can I recover?
- How much is my nursing home abuse case worth?
- What will happen if a nursing home resident complains of neglect or abuse?
- How are acts of abuse, neglect or exploitation by a nursing home addressed in legal proceedings?