Black Friday is amongst the busiest shopping days in the United States. It is a commercial holiday that is celebrated the day after Thanksgiving Day and the Friday right before Cyber Monday. Though it provides an excellent opportunity to grab excellent deals and get great discounts, it also accompanies risks of becoming injured.
Stats provided by blackfridaydeathcount.com state that 111 people have sustained non-fatal injuries while 10 individuals have actually lost their lives during Black Friday shopping. Therefore, it is imperative that you remain alert and protect yourself while shopping to prevent personal injuries. Here are a few tips that you must keep in mind.
Tips to Avoid Injury on Black Friday
- Due to an excessive amount of people, roads are usually congested and sidewalks are packed. Thus, you must exercise great caution while crossing roads, walking on sidewalks, and while driving.
- Try to park your vehicle in a well-lit and safe space, even if it is a bit far away. Parking in an area which is dark or potentially dangerous which can make you prone to a slip and fall incident, perhaps theft as well.
- Never stand near a door where large number of people are queuing up as they may try to rush in when the store’s door opens. Relatively minor shoving and pushing may cause you to fall and get a serious injury.
- People can get extremely aggressive during Black Friday if they miss out the chance to grab a deal. There are many instances where people got injured and fatally shot fighting over products or for cutting in line. It is always wise to refrain from such occurrences and seek management’s help if you feel things are escalating into violence.
- Some places may have dangerous areas or equipment lying around, which may potentially cause you to trip, slip, or fall. Thus, always remain aware of your surroundings.
- If you have kids, do not let them run around the aisles and checkout counter as they may hurt themselves by colliding with a shelf or people who are hurdling around in frenzy. Make sure they remain with you and always keep an eye on them.
If you believe that you have sustained an injury due to negligence of someone else, be it the store management or another customer, you can file a claim against them by acquiring legal services of an experienced personal injury lawyer. Your attorney will establish liability against defendants by devising a strong case, allowing you to seek maximum compensation for pain and sufferings.
A skillful personal injury lawyer will also find additional facts and evidence related to your case to increase the likelihood of a successful claim. Using their vast experience and negotiation skills, your personal injury lawyer will help you to obtain rightful compensation via settlement. Even if your case goes to trial, they will ensure that your rights remain protected throughout the litigation process.
If you wish to find out more about this topic or schedule a free consultation, contact the offices of Robert Edens at (847) 395-2200 to speak with an experienced personal injury lawyer.