We are a Lake County Law Firm that Handles Bus, Train and Mass Transit Accidents
In resent years Lake County Illinois has seen a few serious accidents involving school buses. Also, there has been several train and other mass transit accidents in the news. Robert Edens “Bob” and his law firm have over 20 years of experience in representing individuals that have been seriously injured in these types of accidents. The companies that own the buses and trains are big and they have large insurance companies that will work around the clock to minimize any claims that have to be paid. If you or someone you love has been injured in a bus, train or mass transit accident, contact our law firm today to get the best legal advice to answer your questions and explain your options. We will fight to get the MONEY that you or your loved one deserves.
Statistics on Bus Accidents
Bus collisions can be broken down into several types – front-end, rear-end, side impact, side swipe, pedestrian, and so on. The following statistics were compiled by the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration in 2003 relating to bus accidents:
- The most common bus collision is a front-end collision. This is followed by rear-end, side-angle, and then sideswipes. From 2002 to 2003, the number of sideswipe accidents increased more than any other, including a 46%increasein property damage.
- From 2002 to 2003 there was a 14% increase in fatalities associated with major collisions. Of the types of collisions, angle collisions had the biggest increase in fatality rates, from 16 in 2002 to 20 in 2003.
- There was good news in that total injuries reported decreased by 7.5%. This was particularly true of head on collisions. However, injuries related to the other types of accidents all increased slightly in 2003.
Bob and His Staff Will Win Your Case and Get You the MONEY You Deserve for Your Injuries.
If you or a loved one has been injured in a bus, train or other mass transit accident call Bob and get an honest opinion of what your case is worth?Bob and his staff have over 20 years of experience protecting the rights of individuals who have been hurt by the negligence of others. If you have been injured, let Bob help you fight for your rights and get you the money you deserve.Call toll free 855-760-6746. The call is FREE. The advice may be priceless.We have offices in Antioch, Waukegan, Grayslake, and Barrington for your convenience. If for any reason you are unable to visit one of our offices, Bob will come to you. So don’t wait, protect your rights and call Bob today.
Major Causes of Bus, Train and Mass Transit Accidents
As with any type of accident,there can be one or more people at fault.The cause of bus, train, and other mass transit accidents can be operator error because bus, train, and other mass transit drivers, and those that control them, are often over worked or negligent and careless for some other reason. However,in most cases it is not the error of the bus, train or other mass transit driver, but the negligence of the others they encounter.
Typical Situations That Result in Bus Accidents
- Bus lanes blocked by other vehicles.
- Sudden lane changes by smaller vehicles without warning.
- Buses avoiding collisions and going off the roadway.
- Pedestrians in bus lanes.
- Busses speeding in unsafe conditions.
- Sudden brake failure or other mechanic failures of a bus.
Types of Public Transportation and Companies that Cause Injury
People that use public and private buses, trains and other mass transit, such as ferries, street cars, taxis, limos, and shuttles rightfully expect the operators of those systems to be safe. In addition, user rightfully can expect that the systems and equipment are properly maintained as required by law. However, operator error, mechanical defects and other dangerous conditions are the cause of most accidents involving buses, trains and all other mass transit systems in the Lake County and surrounding areas. If you have been injured in any of the following types of accident, Bob and his staff can help you:
- Bus Accidents: School bus accidents, Pace bus accidents, First Student bus accident, etc.
- Private Transportation Systems:shuttle buses, taxis, limos, Airport Shuttle, Grey Line, etc.
- Ferry/Commercial Passenger ShippingAccidents: Great Lakes Luxury Cruises, Lake Michigan Cruises, Michigan Cruise, etc.
- Other Mass Transit Accidents: Metra Train, etc.
If You or Someone You Love Has Been Injured Call Bob TODAY
If you or a loved one has been injured in a bus, train or other mass transit accident call Bob and get an honest opinion of what your case is worth?Call toll free 855-760-6746. The call is FREE. The advice may be priceless.We have offices in Antioch, Waukegan, Grayslake, and Barrington for your convenience. If for any reason you are unable to visit one of our offices, Bob will come to you. So don’t wait, protect your rights and call Bob today.