Vehicle Defect and Products Liability Attorneys in Antioch, Waukegan, Grayslake and Barrington
Vehicle Defect and Product Liability Attorneys Protect Victim Rights
Lake County Lawyers Fight Big Business to Get You the Money You Deserve
About Automotive and Product Defects
Most people are familiar with the recent lawsuit filed against Toyota involving the sticking of the accelerator. This vehicle defect caused serious injury and damage. The reports indicated that Toyota was aware of the defect, yet allowed the vehicle to be sold anyway knowing the risk that their product posed to the general public. Past vehicle defects have included brake failures, airbag malfunctions,seat-beltdefects, door latch failures, and many more. No auto manufacturer it seems has been immune from the problem, but some have had more then others – Ford, Chevy, Dodge, Chrysler, Toyota, to name a few. An automobile manufacturers can be made to pay damages for any and all injuries and damages which are caused by a motor vehicle defect.
According to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) examples of motor vehicle defects that are considered safety-related include the following:
- Steering components that break suddenly causing partial or complete loss of vehicle control.
- Problems with fuel system components, particularly in their susceptibility to crash damage, that result in leakage of fuel and possibly cause vehicle fires.
- Accelerator controls that may break or stick.
- Wheels that crack or break, resulting in loss of vehicle control.
- Engine cooling fan blades that break unexpectedly causing injury to persons working on a vehicle.
- Windshield wiper assemblies that fail to operate properly.
- Seats and/or seat backs that fail unexpectedly during normal use.
- Critical vehicle components that break, fall apart, or separate from the vehicle, causing potential loss of vehicle control or injury to persons inside or outside the vehicle.
- Wiring system problems that result in a fire or loss of lighting.
- Car ramps or jacks that may collapse and causeinjury to someone working on a vehicle.
- Air bags that deploy under conditions for which they are not intended to deploy.
- Child safety seats that contain defective safety belts, buckles, or components that create a risk of injury, not only in a vehicle crash but also in non-operational safety of a motor vehicle.
Bob and staff Know How to Car Manufactures Accountable and Get You the MONEY You Deserve
If you or someone your love has been injured in a crash due to a defect in any vehicle in the accident,Bob and his staff can help you win your case and ensure that you get the most money that the law allows. Car manufactures often try to hide the defects in their products or place the blame on operator error. Don’t let that happen to you. If you believe that a defect in the car or other product caused your injuries or a loved ones death, call Bob today to set up a FREE consultation. Bob will go over the facts of your case in detail and give you an honest opinion of the value of the case. He will tell you about the personal injury claims process from beginning to end.Bob and his staff have over 20 years of experience taking cases to trial. Don’t let the insurance companies take advantage of you. Protect your rights and call Bob TODAY!