Don't wait to get the help you deserve. Fill out the form below to get your life back on track.
- Antioch IL Workers’ Compensation Attorney – Auto Mechanic Fired After Work Injury – Settled $7,890.00
- Antioch IL Personal Injury Attorney Chicago Police Officer Excessive Use of Force – Settled $67,000
- Antioch IL Attorney Personal Injury – Excessive Force and False Arrest – Not Guilty
- Waukegan IL Personal Injury Attorney – Malicious Prosecution – Verdict: $60,000.00
- Waukegan IL Personal & Back Injury Attorney – Man Claims False Arrest – Verdict: Not Guilty
- 131 New Pages Devoted Solely to Medical Malpractice – Law Firm
- Insurance Fraud – Attorney Lake County IL
- Nursing Home Wandering Lawsuit-Elder Abuse & Neglect Law Firm
- Top Rating for DUI Laws-DUI Accident Attorneys Lake County Illinois
- Severe Weather Causes Auto Accidents-Car Crash Lawyers Lake County IL
DisclaimerThe information contained on this site is not legal advice. You should consult an attorney for advice regarding your individual situation. Contacting us via this site does not create an attorney-client relationship. Please do not send any confidential information to us until such time as an attorney-client relationship has been established.
Grayslake IL Professional Malpractice Attorney – Police Detective Falsely Accused Awarded $200,000
Date: March 2011
County: USDC IL NE
Summary: Defendant tactical team of the Chicago Police Department were on patrol and spotted fifteen to twenty people gathered in the street. The team was riding in unmarked vehicles. Plaintiff, who is a Chicago Police SVU Detective stated he was outside his home talking to an acquaintance when Defendants approached. Defendants stated that Plaintiff refused to identify himself and demanded that Defendants produce identification. After several requests Plaintiff displayed an empty gun holster at which time Defendants tried to handcuff him. After a struggle, they were successful and ordered to transfer Plaintiff to the police station by a supervisor. Plaintiff asserted that Defendants did not have probable cause or reasonable suspicion to justify his arrest and sued for false arrest, unlawful seizure, false imprisonment, civil conspiracy to violate his rights and emotional distress. Defense argued that Plaintiff was combative, resisted their efforts to handcuff him, and failed to identify himself. Jury found in favor of Defendants on the unlawful seizure claim but found liability on the remaining claims.
KNOW YOUR LEGAL RIGHTS. GET A FREE LEGAL CONSULTATION.
Getting the maximum injury and accident settlement you’re entitled to is a job for an experienced injury and accident attorney with a winning record. Attorney Bob Edens and his staff have recovered millions of dollars for people whose injuries were caused through no fault of their own. Bob Edens has earned the trust of injury victims throughout Lake County, IL by handling their cases with both experience and dignity. Bob will sit down with you personally and go over the facts of your case in detail. With these facts in hand, Bob will put his experience into providing you with a clear and honest explanation of your options. The consultation is FREE. You are under no obligation and there is never any pressure to sign an agreement. If you do retain Bob and his staff to represent you, no fees will be charged until a fair settlement or verdict is secured on your behalf.
So call Attorney Bob Edens and put his 20+ years’ experience to work for you. He has convenient offices located throughout Lake County. Call Bob at 855-760-6746 for a free, no-obligation legal consultation. The call is free, the information may be priceless.
FREE PERSONAL INJURY LAW BOOK FOR ACCIDENT VICTIMS
The Rule of 5′s and How THEY will Sabotage Your Case™
An Essential Guide For the Personal Injury Victims
Award Winning Author and Attorney Bob Edens’ Book, “The Rule of 5’s and How THEY Will Sabotage Your Case,” ™ is a Step-by-Step Guide for Personal Injury Victims
In The Rule of 5’s and How THEY Will Sabotage Your Case,™ Bob explains the ins and outs of the injury claims process from the time of injury to the time of settlement or trial. Bob provides basic facts about:
The filing of the claim and negotiation from start to finish.
- How to negotiate a settlement for injuries sustained from a wide variety of cases including all types of auto accidents, dog bite cases, pedestrian cases, etc.
- Tips on how to deal with adjusters and avoiding the pitfalls and traps they hope you fall into.
- Tips on how to determine the value of your injuries.
- An overview of questions and legal issues that most personal injury victims have.
THIS FREE BOOK IS ONLY AVAILABLE TO PERSONAL INJURY VICTIMS IN ILLINOIS
Category: Case Results Blog, Other Cases, Professional Malpractice, Slander/Liable